Friday, January 22, 2016

Image result for glastonbury TorToday's blog is more of a rant than just my normal mystical musings. Since being back in Glastonbury I have made oaths with the land wights here, that every time I go up the Tor I will pick up and rubbish and litter discarded by others. The deal was I will look after Avalon and Avalon will look after me.
 All is going well, I go up the Tor at least three times a week and up Wearyall Hill once . I collect a vast array of beer cans, bottles, sweet papers, fag packets and sometimes the odd baby's nappy or worse. The thing is what really gets my goat, as I always walk the same route, is that the good old dog walkers who pick up their pets poop in a plastic bag, then just sling it on the land. This really confuses me. If you don't want to carry it away with you just leave the dog poop and let nature break it down over time. Once you tie it up in a bag, its going hang around forever.  What really more infuriating is that, the same bags a dumped in the same places regularly, so these people must think the dog poop fairy comes and picks it up, and they are probably right ME!!!
Please think about what you are doing when to drop your waste on the Tor, we are very lucky to live here and make these lands our home, so  treat it a such.

No comments:

Post a Comment