Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rune Rant.... As most of you can tell by now, I am totally in awe of the runes for changing my life for the better. I still get absolutely infuriated when people say.
"Oh the runes, they are a bit like the tarot, aren't they?"
No, not really, you can use both for divination but that is where the similarity ends. I connect directly to Odin and the other Norse Gods through the runes, I chant them in prayers (Galdr). I do my stanza, runic yoga. They can be melded into powerful helms and talisman to heal and protect my clients.
The deeper you go with the learning and wisdom they offer, the richer your life becomes and this path of knowledge is never ending. The colourful array or myths and legends that surround the Aesiric Gods, are each mesmerising tales.They teach and instruct in the way you should live your life and honour those who came before us.
 Because the runes are also the Old Norse/Saxon alphabet and language of our ancestors, I use them for my sacred writings and within counselling sessions they indicate directly the names of people, loved ones who wish to give messages.
These are holy, divine tools gifted to us from the Gods. So please, as I accept the paths of others and give respect to the beliefs of all I come across, allow me the same courtesy. After all English is linked to the runic system, our days of the week honor the old Gods. They are ever present all around us in the Holy festivals we celebrate, piggy backed by Christianity to make it easier for the heathens to assimilate the church into their lives.
Spirit, God, collective consciousness, it is all the same stuff.  It is that bright light that shines in the forest, the beacon we are all drawn to.  Each of us has the right to call that divine source what ever we want.
I call it "ODIN"

If you want to learn more of the runes, I teach, I guide and I open the doorways to this ancient source, so you to may glance into the Well of Mimir and drink of its knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment