Thursday, March 10, 2016

Yesterday was the first time I did any real medicine in Weston-Super -mare. We went up to Weston Woods where the old roman fort used to be. The wind was howling and it was bitter cold but eventually we found a safe and quiet spot to start our ceremony. The purpose of this venture was to announce myself to the land spirits, that I was there to help, clear and heal if I could.
I left offerings of nuts and chocolate, called in the quarters and burned the sacred mugwort in a ceremonial dish made incorperating my Mother's ashes.
Twice I was charge challenged by a angry energy but I stuck with it, giving prayers and peaceful thoughts. Finally an image appeared before me, a dark haired woman in green, she even glowed green. She told me her name was something like Igrona/ Agrona, I wasn't quite sure but her message was simple.
"Who are you? What are you here for and what gives you the right?"
I spoke back in prayer saying that althought I am a stranger to these lands, this is my home now and that I wished to come here in times ahead to connect with the land wights and say prayers. That I would prove myself to her not in my words but in my actions.
She replied "We'll see" then dissappeared and I closed the ceremony.
I left runes as offerings that I had picked at random before... EOH and BIRKANA, this indicated a goddess and a place of focus or an archer. All the way down Ju and me picked up rubbish and crap making sure that this time and everytime after, when I come here the wood will be a better place when I leave.
By the time we had reached the bottom of the hill the plactic bag was stacked full. We should for a moment to enjoy the glorious sunset. I spat on the ground to leave my energy there and we left.
Today I checked out the name I received from the woman
 
    Agrona. Agrona (slaughtering).British. A warrior Goddess, seemingly a ... the deity invoked by the Iceni warrior-queen Boudicca in her rebellion against Rome.


Laying out my things for ceremony
 Preparing the Mugwort in my scared dish
My drum layed on the ground as I sung my prayers
 Calling on the the Plant beings to sanctify this space
 Honouring the spirits of the land
 The beautiful sunset over the Bristol channel, looking across to Wales. Below our first bag of rubbish collected from Weston Woods
    



.

No comments:

Post a Comment