Saturday, March 26, 2016

Crook's Peak it an large dominant hill in the Mendip range and sits majestically along side the M5 motorway between Burnham-on Sea and Weston -Super-Mare about twenty miles from Glastonbury. The first time I saw it it filled me with dread and I now have to pass it twice a
day on my way to and from work. Yesterday me and Julie climbed it, as it has been coming up in my visions. This place is one of the three locations that are important to my shamanic work in this area.
It was a mission of a walk not only on the way up but also on the way back down as we got lost in the gorse bushes and had to forge our way through unforgiving undergrowth. Once on the top the energy was nothing like I expected, even though the wind was wild up there, I had a real urge to spend the night and just be with the land. I gave offerings and left the rune Sowelo, to call the joy and warmth of the sun to shine on this place. I sung the Galdr of the same rune and allowed my voice to carry right across the valley to the distant Brent Knoll, my next place of activation.
Today when I drove past on my way to work Crook's Peak seemed like a familiar friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment