Saturday, November 15, 2014

Finally the flu symptoms subsided a bit so I ventured outside. This was more for the dog's sake than mine as it was pretty cold this morning. I was not planning on going far, just across the path from our home is some really thick and dense, old growth conifer woodland. So ducking low under the branches I made my way within. After the first couple of yards the the maze of limbs gave way to a much higher canopy and it was easier to plan my route ahead.
I stopped and paused to connect with the energy of the forest, even though this place was dark and still, I felt welcomed and asked the forest to lead me to whatever I was meant to see. Just allowing the paths between the trees to direct my journey, I was led into a beautiful glen with white flower like mushrooms growing everywhere. I grabbed Boo by the collar and just sat in the presence of the Faerie energy and asked if I could take some of the mushrooms. A blue jay flew by and I took this as  confirmation and grabbed a small sprig of the fungi.
Back home I showed Tara my specimen. She said "Where did you get this? They are Oysters."
I replied the forest gave them to me and its not very far.
So she quickly pulled in her boots, coat and woolly hat and we set out once more. The short journey took less time than before as I knew exactly where to go. She was really excited when she gazed upon my find and set about harvesting a good amount. I explained that it is such a lovely place why would anyone leave beer cans here and I pointed the tins that were scattered.Then She explained to me that the cans are a marker for mushroom hunters so they can find their way back to this secret
place. We both thanked the forest for her bounty and made our way home.


1 comment:

  1. Jeremy, as I am one that does not know much about mushrooms, although they appear frequently in my journeys, can you explain what an Oyster mushroom is?

    ReplyDelete