Friday, February 26, 2016

I set out on my usual Friday walk of the Tor, up to the very top, say my prayer, feed the ravens and head back down the back way, picking up rubbish as I go. This day though when I was scattering my offerings two dogs chased the Ravens away and gobbled up the stale fruit bread spread about me. I turned to pick up my bag of garbage and that too had been knocked over. So I followed the trail of litter down the side of the Tor.
Image result for handmaidens of AvalonThe Gods had led me to the Orchard of Avalon. I picked up the last pieces of paper and opened the wooden gate to go inside. The air was sweet, still and calm not like up above, blowing a howler. I sat down on a tree stump, looked up and saw two crows in the branches near by. Once again I offered my fruit bread but this time just dropped it near my feet. The birds showed no fear or anxiety just gently flew down and pecked at the offerings around my feet.
I stared out across the orchard between the apple trees, now showing the first tiny blossoms of Spring. I squinted my eyes as so to see between the Worlds and there they were "The Hand maidens of Avalon" Three Blonde, three brunette and three with red hair, dressed in flowing white gowns. They danced and swayed their path between the trees, each turning and smiling at me in turn, as the went about their magical work. I just sat there feeling HEALED, HAPPY and HOME

No comments:

Post a Comment