Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A day of Ice and Isolation. A crisp blanket of frost covered my woodland home and my feet crunched the ground as I made my way to say prayers in the forest. Boo darted from tree to tree chasing illusive squirrels and chip monks, who once out of dog range chattered and taunted her from the higher branches. I found a certain rune, that stood out in the over lapping branches of the trees and began my prayers. As I chanted my breath swirled and bellowed from my mouth in the cold morning of the air. The dragons breath sent my salutations on their way and disappearing into the vapors, letting all know I am here.
I had planned to do a ceremonial vision quest whilst I had peace and stillness and headed back to the house to, bath, shave and completely cleanse myself before the ritual. As I passed one of the abandoned cabins a soft hush of AAHHHHHHH! whispered from the shadows. The hairs stood on the back of my neck. I turned and faced the direction of the ghostly voice and spoke.
"I know that spirits and shades dwell here but I live here now. You will get used to me in times and yes you did spook me, Well done.." I spat on the ground to mark my territory.
The night or early morning before,( you know that 3:am time of dream visions,) I had found myself in a pub in Boston MA around the turn of the twentieth century. I was dressed in my bowler hat. waistcoat and my long coat over the top. The group of men who sat around were asking me where I was from. I had disguised my London accent with a slight Irish brogue. Knowing instinctively that I was not welcome I necked my pint of sour beer, wiped my tash with the sleeve of my coat and made my exit. I knew full well that they would follow to kick the crap out of me or worse.
Out side I had left my shillelagh ( A blackthorn club ) hidden behind some crates. I retrieved it and stood it next to the door. As the group of men pursued me, they struggled to get through the narrow doorway, I grabbed the club and struck the first three down with crushing blows to their skulls. The fourth stopped. I looked him straight in the eye and said
"I,m going nowhere I live here too, so fecking get used to it." I spat on the ground and woke from my vision.
Of course there are shades and spirits, even demons that dwell in this forest. I accept they exist and try to find a way to co-exist. If you run from them every single thing, you will always be running and besides, Odin stands beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment