Monday, January 26, 2015

It was good to see they blue skies return after being stuck in the thick grey heaviness that has been suffocating nearly everyone I know, but today the sun shone. My morning was greeted by a falcon sitting in the tree over looking the bay, who spied in the wet grassland searching for his next meal. I did take a pic but he actually only looks like a pin prick in a distant tree.
I studied though our bird spotting books that we had been gifted at Xmas. This hobby in the UK is called being a twitcher, here in the states is a bit too much like being a tweeker which is a  completely different hobby. Anyway after close examination, this bird was no mere falcon, it was a Merlin.
On my shamanic path, my encounters with the spirit of Merlin  have always taken me to peek over the eadge and into insanity. I guess that is what that last two weeks have been and now back from the abyss I can just sit and see the beauty in this Merlin and thank him for his masters mesage. We must remember that our visions and spirit messages give us restbite from the sometimes mundayity of Midgard but it is retreating back to Midgard that gives us, a belonging and grounding when our spirit work becomes too intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment