Thursday, January 15, 2015

What a day! This morning I was trying to plug in my kindle so it could charge, my glasses slid down my nose so anything out side the view of the lenses was a foggy haze. THONK! I managed to stick myself in the forehead on the antlers of my elk skull. It was so bad I saw stars, Tara came and bathed it, then asked me to take the dogs out. After the great effort on behalf of a wounded man I got outside with Rhemmy and Boo.
Boo was completely on one, running around like a nutter and charged straight into me and Rhemmy sending him flying. He was yelping in pain so I rushed him inside to Tara. As she checked him over he bit her, drawing blood. That was it,I had to take Boo for a walk to burn off her puppy power. She pulled like crazy, so I let her off, once again she could sense the elk and chased half a dozen of them out of a thicket where they were resting up for the day. They took off, she took off, I went home.
"Where's Boo?" Tara asked
"Don't know don't care, I've got a head ache.
She turned up about twenty minutes later and spent the rest of the day in the dog house.
Everything, everything! we did went wrong, I mean everything. By the end of the day we just decided to go foraging for shell fish on the beach. Finally things were going good, Butter clams and oysters, a meal fit for a king. I had to rush to get home as I had a class. Then none of my students turned up, so the class was cancelled.
So I then went about shucking the oysters. First one went perfect, lemon juice, cocktail sauce and straight down my neck, the day was looking up. Next one, slip with the knife and nearly take the top of my finger off. Time to call it a day... Cup of tea and chocolate biscuits and sit on the couch and don't move, maybe we will be safe.
Two pictures are posted one of a lovely plate of oysters, take note not yet shucked and the second is of a sauce I saw for sale in a local store, that will make anyone from the UK chuckle.




Especially good on sausages!

No comments:

Post a Comment