Tuesday, January 6, 2015



The calm after the storm. I woke to the mists rolling across the bay and to find that three different mud-slides had been cleared in the night and that part of the road had subsided leaving a fairly narrow track to squeeze the car through. No matter we were free after one day of being marooned (hardly Robinson Crusoe). So off to Astoria we set to pick up supplies and parcels. This time making sure we have enough rations to last a week or so. If the road goes completely we are going nowhere.
After our errands we returned home, Tara sorted out the groceries and I took the dog to my special place. I came across the prettiest deer I have ever seen, brownish grey with black ears and white markings around her eyes and muzzle, she stopped and we shared a moment. Luckily Boo was on her lead so her couldn't chase her. I just stood and watched as she glided back into the forest.
At my holy place I left Rowan berries, burnt mugwort to honor my ancestors and smudged with sweet grass to give respects to the native spirits that dwelt there. I chanted my prayers to Odin and asked if it was OK to take a pic so I could show others the magic of this sacred tree, to me it is Yggdral, the gateway to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment