Saturday, February 21, 2015

Today I feel so much better than yesterday, because yesterday I was full to the brim with anxiety over my book. I felt immense obligation to all those who had helped this project be realised. Kelli, Mary and my wife Tara had all given there time and love to this work and I had to repay the debt. That old driven capitalist demon, raised his head again from the depts of my past and kept whispering in my ear  "Sell! Sell! Sell!
For that is what you do when you have a new product. It was not until I talked to Kelli at New 72 Media, that I got the reality check I needed. That was then when I realized I have to let this work be and make it's own role in this world. The book will find it's way into the hands of the people that need it and Odin will guide them to it.
So I set off in to the forest with Boo, my staff and offerings for the Gods, then walked the path to the Spirit tree. Once there I gifted the fruit and bread to the beings and animals of the woodlands, smudged myself in mugwort and softly chanted until the messages came.
I sat before Odin on his high throne, a raven perched on the two pillars of the chair that towred behind my god. In the vision a red leather bound book sat on my lap.
" Bring me that word hoard that lies before me, let me wipe the ego from it, so it is clean and pure once more." The God of my kinsman, dusted off the cover of the book with the black fur cloak that hung around his shoulders.
The Wise-one then passed it to one of the ravens perched above him, who took it in his beak.
" Take this, my eyes and my ears in the world of man, and leave it where ever you feel fit."
The huge bird swooped down at me , just at the last minute arched up and out into the vast blue sky.
" There it is done, your hoard of thoughts now tarvels by the will of Odin. So boy release yourself from it and go about your true work. the others who toiled beside you, also followed the will of Odin. There is no need for obligation, they acted on my behalf. So spead my word, do my will and speak with the voice of Odin in Midgard."
The remaining raven cawed loudly, letting me know my time with the High-one was over and I returned to the world of man.
That morning I left all the worry and anxiety in the forest and walked home at peace once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment