Saturday, February 28, 2015

I realized something yesterday, that the black cloud had drawn across the sun, stopping me enjoying the goodness in my life. In my dreams last night I asked the gods why can't I experience happiness? They told me.
"You are living too much in the future. Be in the now and laugh little brother, laugh in the face of those who who try and shroud your joy. But heed these words most of all. When a man offers you a hand when you are sinking mud, a it is a fool who rejects it for fear of obligation. Debts can be paid in many ways and friendship is the greatest gift of all."
Then the dream shifted to a discussion about a story in the sagas The dream of the Rood this is where Baldr dreams of his downfall. Basically Loki is so jealous of "Baldr the beautiful" he will anything he can to destroy him. But strangely enough The Dream of the Rood it is also a Anglo-Saxon Christian story about the glory of Christ and in this dream argument  my point of view was about that both tales have valuable messages so don't reject either.
Anyway I wake up and watch "Vikings" latest episode and it is a really about dreamy spiritual stuff and in this episode Athelson says " I love Odin and I love Christ.".......
I follow Odin, he is my Allfather but I believe in the light of Christ and this causes no conflict in me, for Odin is not a jealous god.

No comments:

Post a Comment