Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A beautiful spring morning in the wilderness, that sort of sunlight that does you good. I went to the birch grove to say my prayers and give my offerings to the Gods. As I was walking back I heard a squeaking in the brushes below a huge Douglas pine. I stopped and tossed a pebble into the undergrowth and out scampered two squirrels, who flitted up the trunk of the tree then froze, staring at each other face to face.
Wow, I though these two love birds must have been mating, how beautiful on such a wondrous morning. I had decided to interrupt their courtship, I felt bad. They were still, Boo was still and I was still. I silently chanted Kenaz to make myself invisible so they could go about their spring pleasures.
Yes, they did go about their business, beating the crap out of each other, what I had disturbed was a territorial battle over borders and now they could not see me they were really going for it.
Hence the thought for the day, spring is about new life and establishing your place in it,
claiming what is rightfully yours, even to the point of fighting for it. If you want to be successful you have to go about it with a warrior's heart. This is a powerful message for me, to stand up and be counted, to stand out from the crowd. Always know your purpose, the reason for your crusade. Mine is to spread the word of Odin, the runes and the magic of  the Aesir and the Vanir, to honor my ancestors and what they believed.
. The picture above is of me doing the Tuesday market in Glastonbury. I used to get out on the streets, speak to folks about my shamanic path, the runes  and what I believed. I  dressed to be noticed, always wearing my medicine hat. I have to find a way to do this on the Internet other than posting lots of mindless drivel every ten minutes.
Back then Some people loved me, some people hated me but everybody noticed me.
To spread the word of the All father I must be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment