Monday, March 16, 2015

My first night alone in the wilderness, my wife is away seeing her family. Ahhhh peace and quiet, what peace and quiet?
The coyotes, I mean a pack of them were bickering and howling, which in turn started Boo off, barking the house down. This had the effect of waking up Rhemmy our elderly pom, who is virtually  stone deaf and now he is yapping at every shadow. So at 2.00AM this morning I found myself shouting out the window telling our local coyote hoard to "Shut the F##k up!" Strangely enough it worked.
Rather than be at one with the environment I was the angry bear who you keep clear of. After the ruckus I drifted off in to vision, in which Hugwynn, the raven guardian of Glastonbury Tor came to me. It took me back to sitting in my holy place and feeding him and his mate, Munna. What it showed me, was not some revelation but the dream allowed me to just be with the ravens and enjoying their company. This was a message for me here, to just embrace the forest. The peace, the tranquility, the noise and the chatter is all part of the experience.
So next time the coyotes kick off I will listen for wisdom in their words, hopefully without firing the shot gun out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment