Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some things have come to light for me in recent days, as most of you know, I follow the path of Odin. His teachings and wisdom have taken  me through doorways to find an understanding  in my life that never existed before. My Father's family are from Porter Down, Northern Ireland. as a child I did not understand "the Troubles" as both sides were Christian but hated each other.
As a man I rejected all religions as I believed it was just a sign of weakness, having to have someone to turn to, thus lived a life of karmic chaos. It was only when I lost everything and been stripped back to the bare bones, that I had the realization, that there was a place for faith in my life. Then the Norse and Celtic Gods of my tribal ancestors came to me. They gave me direction and a sense of belonging, for the first time to know who I really was.
The path I walk now is of a Vitki (Norse Shaman). I do not force my beliefs on anyone and honor all other men's views. In the last few months it has become clear that I can accept and respect others faiths but to the majority, what I hold dear is evil, demonic, blasphemy and the world should be rid of people like me. It is hard but I am used to this from my Christian upbringing, knowing that there are places I could go where I would have been killed for what my parents believed.
So now in my adult life those childhood demons rise again, even though these people  know nothing of me or what I hold dear or those I help. Because anyone who is not part of their gang is not worthy to breath air.
I hope Odin can give me the strength to understand them or give me the courage to say no more. It cannot carry ont, I am kin to Odin, he is my strength, my council, my protector and I am proud to be one of his chosen. He is there for all who are called to walk in the footsteps of the ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment