Thursday, March 12, 2015

A view from the Holy Thorn.
There is a place, a small hill, a sacred shrine in the Isle of Avalon where Joseph of Arimathea build the first christian church in Britain. At that site he planted his staff in the ground, from there a thorn tree grew and to this day it still blooms at Christmas. The hill in question is called Wearyall Hill and from this site you get the best view of Glastonbury Tor, the home of the Faerie King "Gwynn ap Nudd".
I was lucky enough to live in Glastonbury whilst the tree still thrived and unlucky enough to see it hacked down by so called vandals.The Local press blamed it on students or those nasty pagans, not realising, to pagans all trees are sacred especially this one. No one knows for sure who did the despicable deed, all I know is that I witnessed the out pouring of grief it caused in the town and the world at large. This tree was and still is a symbol of hope to all faiths.
Each time I go home to Glastonbury, I wish the tree well and give it a blessing and send it healing and ask it to bless me in return. The last time, there were actually a couple of green shoots sprouting from the devastated trunk. It is a place where I sit, just be still and wonder how many others have gazed upon the splendor of this magical view.

No comments:

Post a Comment